Skip to content
Frequently Asked Questions
The Garden Journey Deck
- Where is The Garden Journey deck produced?
- We're proud to partner with U.S. based manufacturers that are dedicated to sustainable and responsible production practices.
- Is The Garden Journey produced sustainably?
- All materials used to create The Garden Journey set are FSC® Chain of Custody Certified, meaning you can be confident that they were responsibly managed to comply with the highest social and environmental standards. In addition, we worked exclusively with domestic partners to create The Garden Journey in order to minimize the carbon footprint of shipping.
- Why does The Garden Journey only include 22 cards?
- While “traditional” tarot decks often include 78 cards comprising the Major Arcana (22 cards) and Minor Arcana (56 cards), The Garden Journey includes the 22 cards of the Major Arcana, which begin with The Fool (Card 0) and end with The World (Card 21). We chose to focus on the Major Arcana in order to center the The Garden Journey deck on those cards whose storytelling properties translated most gracefully into the language of flowers.
- How large are the cards in The Garden Journey deck?
- The velvety soft cards of The Garden Journey deck measure 3.5” by 5”.
The Art of The Garden Journey
- How did each of the cards get matched to a flower?
- Our “translation” between each of the Major Arcana cards and flowers is based on kindred meanings between each archetype and the flower that most embodies its meaning, as suggested by the language of flowers.
- Where did the art for The Garden Journey come from?
- All of the illustrations of the flowers and plants depicted in The Garden Journey deck are original works, done in watercolor, by Joanne Yun. Joanne also created the hand-marbled papers which are featured as details on each card.
Using The Garden Journey
- How do I use The Garden Journey?
- Whether you’ve been doing tarot readings for years or are brand new to the practice of tarot, we’ve designed The Garden Journey for you. The 22 cards of The Garden Journey each include a few words to help you interpret the card, whether you’re doing a reading or just pinning the card up at your vanity table. The Garden Journey set includes a beautiful Guide Book which provides comprehensive guidance on how to get started on your tarot journey.
- Can I use The Garden Journey on my own?
- As we like to say - this is a journey undertaken for yourself, by yourself. While some people prefer to “get their readings done”, we do our own readings as part of a meditative practice.
- Where can I go to learn more about tarot?
- Our Guide Book provides an overview of the origins and practice of tarot, but there’s so much more out there! A few thoughtful and beautiful tarot resources we continually return to are Jessica Dore, Laetitia Cartomancy, and the Tarot book (Taschen).
Sales and Promotions
- Does The Garden Journey ever go on sale?
- To ensure every set of The Garden Journey is impeccably crafted, we produce small editions, minimizing our waste of both product and overhead. Generally, we do not offer promotions or sales of The Garden Journey.
Orders and Shipping
- Where do you ship?
- Currently, we ship within the U.S. only. We’d love to hear from you if you’d like to see us ship The Garden Journey internationally - please get in touch here!
- How much does shipping cost?
- We offer flat rate shipping on all orders shipped within the US of $9.99.
- How quickly can I expect my order?
- We generally ship orders within 1-2 business days. You will receive notifications to confirm when we have received your order and when we have shipped your order, along with a tracking number.
- Can I send The Garden Journey as a gift? Do you offer gift notes or gift wrapping?
- The Garden Journey arrives beautifully packaged and “gift-ready”. You can add a gift note ($5) at checkout. We will happily hand-write your message on a gorgeous notecard for your lucky recipient!
- What is your return policy?
If for any reason you are not satisfied with your The Garden Journey set, you may return it unused and in its original packaging to us within 14 days of receipt for a full refund. We will provide a prepaid return shipping label, and once the return is accepted, you will receive a full refund to your original form of payment, less the return shipping fees. You can read more here.
- What happens if my order arrives damaged?
We want every The Garden Journey set to arrive pristine and ready for your use. Please don’t hesitate to get in touch here if it arrives damaged.
Partnerships and Stockists
- Where else can I find The Garden Journey?
- We’re proud to partner with these stockists that carry The Garden Journey.
- Who can I talk to if I want to sell The Garden Journey products at my hotel or store?
Please get in touch here - we’d love to hear from you!
- How can I get in touch for press inquiries?
- Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh.
- Press the space key then arrow keys to make a selection.